• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

tims 20g clearseal tank :)

im having Blyxa japonica, flame moss if i de bug it or buy more somewere else and maybe another busy plant, notsure what tho :bored:

and im having crs and endlers as tank mates

help for plants would be amazing guys :)

busy plant.... and to cover the filter, the Blyxa japonica will go infront of the busy plant

my planns anyway, "best laid plannes of mice and men often go ariy" media gcse lol

edit....

filling up took 3 hours using drip method, does it show with my crystal clear water :p

smalll update

got some guppies today, only 3 to keep the bacteria going (i put some old filter media over) and tied a rock under the wood, and now i hate it :lol: :lol:

DSC00827.jpg

going to order 3 bunches of Blyxa japonica and 2 pots of Rotala sp.`green` tomorow when i eventualy get paid :)

£27.70 for 3 bunches and 2 pots and postage :lol:

timme278 said:
id love to have pressureised (spelling) co2, its just the cos of setting it up, i saw the fire exstingusher thread on here, and then read the discalmer which made me a bit worrid

also money is an issue and i deffinatly dont want diy co2, as it would probably explode :lol:

thankyou:)

I had the exact same issues with the Fire Extinguisher until I relasied it is no diffrent than paying £££ for the real thing only to find out it works exactly the same :)

As long as you take your time, make sure the connections are tight its a piece of cake.

small update.

plants didnt come saturday as i was pridicting... not happy, hopefully they will come tomorow

and, ive changed my mind again, i want an external as i orderd some lilly pipes a while ago, eventualy came this morning, and wow are they pretty, compaired to the black box

but i cant order the external for about 2 weeks because i need to buy cloaths for prom :lol:

Are you still after Blyxa mate? I have tons sitting in my bag here at work. I'm posting some of it, and hoping others take up the offer of it before lunch time...

If you want some, PM me. All I'm asking is a donation to UKAPS, as these are plants that TDI-Line (Dan) brought to the BBQ on Saturday.

well.... summer holidays and i got bored.... i was trying to sway my self from wanting a discus, didnt help
DSC00861.jpg

plants still havent arrived and the hob filter i ordered for the nano ill be doing didnt work.... not going well im affriad :(

taa
tim

the plants are here!!!! about time, blyxa could be in better condition but as long as it lives im happy :)

now for pictures....

DSC00863.jpg

DSC00864.jpg

DSC00869.jpg

DSC00870.jpg

i cant belive how small they are, but the blyxa should grow to 20cm ish, and Rotala sp 'green' should grow to 40cm

cristism good as usual
tim

edit....
hc cuba is starting to drive me mad, keeps up rooting its self and doesnt look overly healthy, so it might not have a carpeting plant one day lol & ive finaly attached the moss to the driftwood :)

well.... the bylxa melted, i blame greenmachine for it being in the post from norway for like a week :(

so, i got some from another member on here :) & its planted :)
DSC00882.jpg

and this is a new one on the right, one from greenmachine on left
DSC00881-1.jpg

thanks
tim

blyxa melting is not always down to the time it's in the post.

now you'd say that transporting blyxa several feet to another tank would be the shortest journey on earth right?....it still melted! from my 90cm tank to my 120cm @ maiden head store. some made that epic journey, some didnt

it's often conditions or rather the change in them that it don't like ;)

the scape looks good BTW :D

Just leave the melted blyxa in and it will recover most times.

That discus looks pretty ill btw. ;)

John

Totally agree with the above, even replanting it in the same tank makes blyxa melt, it will soon recover with plenty of ferts and carbon. Are you getting some moss for the wood?

Regards, Tom

hijac said:
That discus looks pretty ill btw. ;)

lol.... yeh i realyyyyyyy realyyy want one, but i dont think i can due to the tank size :(

ive pulled the blyxa out, i think ill try hairgrass when i get round to buying some, trying to save ymy wages for a few weeks :( i got £111 this week.... its like i wanna go topman and fish shop :(

but hers some pictures
DSC00900.jpg

DSC00901.jpg

and i finaly decided to do something with my little 3 gallon.... just spare bits laying arround put together into a tank for steve the fighter... steve says hi to everyone:)
DSC00902.jpg

DSC00899.jpg

thanks tim :)

:eek: :wideyed:

went to maiden head today..... baby discus...... I WANT ONE!!!! but can i? i only want one, is my tank big enough & will he be okay, id have a home for him in my dads tank when i decide he gets too big

opinions pleaseeeeee!!!!

timme278 said:
:eek: :wideyed:

went to maiden head today..... baby discus...... I WANT ONE!!!! but can i? i only want one, is my tank big enough & will he be okay, id have a home for him in my dads tank when i decide he gets too big

opinions pleaseeeeee!!!!

I'm not a discus keeper but have vague memories of reading they like higher temps them most plants and other fish (around 29 - 30 C). Someone here can give you better advice thou i'm sure.

Best Regards,

John

Back