• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

tims 20g clearseal tank :)

hijac said:
timme278 said:
:eek: :wideyed:

went to maiden head today..... baby discus...... I WANT ONE!!!! but can i? i only want one, is my tank big enough & will he be okay, id have a home for him in my dads tank when i decide he gets too big

opinions pleaseeeeee!!!!

I'm not a discus keeper but have vague memories of reading they like higher temps them most plants and other fish (around 29 - 30 C). Someone here can give you better advice thou i'm sure.

Best Regards,

John

well i can slowly move the temp up over a few weeks
& move the shrip to another tank.... im just worrid about space & i think ill be going for a tetratec ex700 so it will be over filtered 8)

well its been a while so i thought id show a new picture
IMG_3510.jpg

ive lost interest in the hobby lately :/ which is why i havent got the hairgradd or new fish... so im still on 4 endlers (which ive grown from babys) 2 cherry shrimp and 2 otos

also... if anyones got any free bushy plants or hairgrass.. id be happy to take them off your hands and pay postage

thanks tim

Hey Tim,

That's looking really nice, I see the HC's filling out finally. Mine got algae (to the point there was more algae than HC :( ) and I had to uproot it. I need to get some moss for my wood too... I know what you mean about losing interest. I go through phases of being majorly into my tank and other times into my photography (but I'm always interested in things of a fishy nature :)), but so long as you keep up your maintenance in-betweeen, I think you're doing a good job! :)

The only other thing I'd say (as I'm sure you're aware), an external would really help with the look on the tank, try eBay or the for-sale section on here, you might find a bargain? I'm selling my 205 in a few weeks (once I can take the 205's media out of the new filter when it's new media has bedded in), but it might not fit the glassware you ordered as it's 16mm pipework. Don't get too down about having an internal though, I had to live with one for many years as my folks wouldn't let me have an external (as they thought it might leak), it was one of the first things I got after I moved out! :).

Keep up the good work,

Matt

PS. Yes, a discus in a tank that size would be a silly idea, I've had to stop myself getting a pair MANY times (I've just not got the space really...)

mjenner said:
Hey Tim,

That's looking really nice, I see the HC's filling out finally. Mine got algae (to the point there was more algae than HC :( ) and I had to uproot it. I need to get some moss for my wood too... I know what you mean about losing interest. I go through phases of being majorly into my tank and other times into my photography (but I'm always interested in things of a fishy nature :)), but so long as you keep up your maintenance in-betweeen, I think you're doing a good job! :)

The only other thing I'd say (as I'm sure you're aware), an external would really help with the look on the tank, try eBay or the for-sale section on here, you might find a bargain? I'm selling my 205 in a few weeks (once I can take the 205's media out of the new filter when it's new media has bedded in), but it might not fit the glassware you ordered as it's 16mm pipework. Don't get too down about having an internal though, I had to live with one for many years as my folks wouldn't let me have an external (as they thought it might leak), it was one of the first things I got after I moved out! :).

Keep up the good work,

Matt

PS. Yes, a discus in a tank that size would be a silly idea, I've had to stop myself getting a pair MANY times (I've just not got the space really...)

if your having trouble with hc i realy would recomend easycarbo... i dose arround 5 ml and its cleaned up all the alge in there in just short of 3 weeks.... normaly i wouldnt recomend things like that but it actualy works

and as for the external.... i sold the lily pipes on here & im just going to keep the internal... it does its job & the only people who see it appart from me and my friends.... are you guys :p

Back