• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tiny litle bugs...

Cor

I have been suffering from small bugs in my tank for quite some time.
There are some Neon Tetras in the tank, but they won't touch/eat them

So the question: what are these and how do I get rid them? Can I use a certain species of fish?

Tia, Cor

bugs.jpg

Sure? always thought that these only eat algae etc.
Well, I can give it a try I suppose

Most any fish should eat them if you skip feeding for a few days. Depending on your stock this could work better or not and/or cost a few plants. Stemmed plants seem to get picked apart by my kribs when I try to encourage them to eat microorganisms in the tank. I recently had an aphid outbreak on my frogbit and found that if I scooped up clumps of infested frogbit into a net and let it sink in the tank the ciclids would see the bugs when they escaped the net and rose back to the surface. Now all my frogbit is clean, aphids need air. But yea black mollies are notorious microbug/worm hunters and probably less aggressive than ciclids. I say this assuming you don't keep ciclids in your planted tank like I do but if you do try dwarf cichlids. Most characins/barbs should work also, again depends on your stock

Sent from my SM-G730V using Tapatalk

Yep, it looks very similar to Ostracods aka "seed shrimp".
Now that I know this I have to find a way to get rid of them.

Tried the Black Mollies, but they are not the solution. So I'll buy /try some dwarf cichlids :thumbup:

Funny I just heard about seed shrimp recently and wanted to try them out. I'm culturing clam shrimp now

Sent from my SM-G730V using Tapatalk

Back