• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

tiny rocks, most @ 5cms long

AdAndrews

I want to use the same idea thats in the ADA Product Cat . 08, which uses wood mainly and piles alot of small rocks ontop of the wood at the front the sides and the back, to keep it looking stable, so most of the pieces need to be around 5cms, a couple larger, but is there anywhere where i can buy them this size, or do i need to buy larger rocks and smash them up?

thanks

oh.. and the ADA ones used are yamaya stone, i have googled it, but found nothing

i think i will get some of tgms blue stone in the nano option(less than 1kg) and then smash up whatever needs to be, i rekon 8kg will be enough for a 35litre, right?

Also, be cautious about smashing them up. It's definately worth doing, but bare in mind that they may be a different colour internally, due to weathering of the outside surface etc. I would test an "ugly" stone first! :lol:

Also, protect your eyes when smashing rocks up. A sliver of rock in the eye is not a nice thing! :?

They said that the blue stone breaks up beautifully, and that there would be no problem selecting smaller pieces for me :)
they also said that 8kg will be more than enough, but would give me a nice selection

sorted.

Back