• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tinytoms first attempt

A50A0870-BFFF-4451-BE71-677CE7FAAD69.jpeg
So iv got a slight problem with a brown slimey type alge which I think is ‘diatoms’ from my research, is this just because it’s a new tank? (7 weeks now) I’m keeping up weekly water changed and cleaning off the brown wherever it gathers. Here’s a pic to help, thanks

Hey guys, an update on the tank.
It went through a horrible stage of diatoms everywhere which seemed to drag on forever, plenty of water changes and scrubbing down has helped and it’s all but passed now. I’m getting some green spot algae on the glass between water changes (weekly now) and very small hair algae on the rocks.
Stock wise iv got 12 cherry barbs and 12 rasbora, 6 cherry shrimp, 2 Amanos and just a single Otto.
I’m planning on a few more cherry shrimp as they don’t seem to be breeding and 3/4 more ottos other than that I think it’s enough.
plant wise I’m getting growth on everything, the MC carpet is soooo slow but is growing although the majority seems to be actually under the substrate at the moment. Hopefully this will break through in the coming months.
I’m thinking I need to add in some red. Any suggestions?
What do you guys think?

Hey guys, an update on the tank.
It went through a horrible stage of diatoms everywhere which seemed to drag on forever, plenty of water changes and scrubbing down has helped and it’s all but passed now. I’m getting some green spot algae on the glass between water changes (weekly now) and very small hair algae on the rocks.
Stock wise iv got 12 cherry barbs and 12 rasbora, 6 cherry shrimp, 2 Amanos and just a single Otto.
I’m planning on a few more cherry shrimp as they don’t seem to be breeding and 3/4 more ottos other than that I think it’s enough.
plant wise I’m getting growth on everything, the MC carpet is soooo slow but is growing although the majority seems to be actually under the substrate at the moment. Hopefully this will break through in the coming months.
I’m thinking I need to add in some red. Any suggestions?
What do you guys think?

For some reason I can’t upload a picture it’s saying file too big? Never had that problem before

For some reason I can’t upload a picture it’s saying file too big? Never had that problem before

I've encountered the same problem over the last week or so. Never had a problem before. Some times it works, but most of the time i have to reduce the file size and re-upload it.

Try again and let me know if still an issue ;)

This is a lovely setup. What type of flow have you in the tank, is there evidence of flow in all areas?
Yes I’d say there’s flow everywhere apart from the back right as it’s grown in very dense down there, I can’t remember what those plants were called but I’m trimming them twice a week, they grow in all directions with roots sprouting everywhere

Back