• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

TMC Aquabar Colour Plus

JohnC

On a mountain in the Highlands of Scotland
Hi,

Do we have any more details on this product yet? I've seen Ian H's video on the colour rendition (no info thou) and some listings on sale sites but the actual spec re: spectrum and LED's used is somewhat lacking.

Nothing on TMC's site.

Am I to believe this is a similar model to their colour plus in aquaray and tiles?

enough reds?

I've gone from not giving too hoots about how much red I have in my light as long as we had PAR, to desiring a more balanced PAR output across the spectral graph. :)

*tips his hat to Troi and others*

Best Regards,
John

I can tell you that the 50cm aquabar has 5 red and 5 blue leds amongst the whites. You can see the change in colour rendition in my journal 'gourami gloaming' where i swapped out my white aquabars for the colour ones. Personally I preferred mixing them having one white and one colour bar.

I can tell you that the 50cm aquabar has 5 red and 5 blue leds amongst the whites. You can see the change in colour rendition in my journal 'gourami gloaming' where i swapped out my white aquabars for the colour ones. Personally I preferred mixing them having one white and one colour bar.

yup thats where i saw the reference. :) then looked around online for more info not finding much. i was considering the same, swapping out one of the whites in each of my tanks with them on. ive got a couple of new ones to set up so i can move the spare ones onto them.

Back