• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

TMC Aquaray Mini 400 Tile Whine

webworm

All,

I've got a couple of second hand TMC Aquaray 400 tiles, one of which has a whine when being dimmed. TMC will remove a component for £10. Does anyone know what they remove ? I'm sure if I knew what got removed I could do it myself saving £10 and the time to send and return.

Cheers

Stuart

Hi Stuart
I think its best to send back and ask for a free repair!....that's what I would do!
If you try a repair and mess it up, the warranty will be nil and void!.......:(
You will encounter postage fees....probably about £2.80 for a standard parcel!
Although this will increase if you want tracked or recorded items!
hoggie

Hi webworm. I have the same issue and found it is a capacitor that makes the whine on front panel near where the wire does in. Unfortunately there are 2 on mine and i dont no which it is. I wrote to tmc asking if they could tell me which one to cut and they said they can't tell me. But they would do the service for free if I send the unit back to them. Hope that helps somewhere along the line.
Cheers
Iain

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Turns out the £10 is because it's an out of warranty repair ;) Seems I was far to honest with my initial email :(

Back