• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

TMC co2 tubing

Hi,
Just a quick question regarding co2 tubing, I know that ordinary airline tubing will degenerate over time and isn't suitable for co2 systems but proper co2 tubing is apparently thicker walled and quite stiff and inflexible.

I have seen mentioned a tubing from TMC AquaGrow that is very flexible and is made for co2 systems,so I was wondering if anyone uses this tubing and if they had any problems such as leaks or should I buy regular tubing.

Thanks

personally i wouldn't risk flexible tubing even if certified for c02, last thing you want is a kink in the hose on anything pressurised

There doesn't seem to be much info on it, but as long as it is rated for C02, it should be fine. It's likely to be Polyurethane, 6/4mm, which is usually rated to 8bar/120PSI, which is probably significantly more than the reg pressure. When it says flexible, it is flexible for high pressure tube, but not very easy to kink like silicone.

Flexible C02 Tube Probably the same as this.

I used it for years and had no issues. Ive only just swapped it out with another brand but this new stuff isnt flexiable....I dont like it anywhere near as much.

Thanks for your replies guys, I can't see any other suppliers apart from TMC so I might just go with the regular tubing.
Bit of a minefield this co2 business,seems like you can spend a fortune or get everything from China at a quarter of the expense, decisions, decisions.

Back