• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

tmc grobeam dimming

andyhorne28

can anyone help me with regards to dimming two grobeam tiles- i.e how many controllers do i need? when i look on the web some shops say that one controller only does half a tile?.... just want to dim not interested in the storm (epileptic fish) :?: function :wideyed:

Hi Andy

Each tile has 2 circuits to make up the light. Each controller will control 2 circuits ( except the 8-waycontroller which obviously has 8 circuits ! ).

So 2 tiles = 4 circuits, so ideally you need 2 standard controllers, or the 8 way one. Alternatively, you coulduse 1 controller to have dimming control over half of each tile, then use a plug in timerto control the other 2 halves for an extra burst of "midday" power ( these would just be on or off - no dimming ).

Hope that helps.

Tony

I would say it differently.
With standard controller you can just dimm 2x 500-600 stripes or 1x 1000-1500 Square
With 8x controller 8x Stripes and 4x Squares

On other note:
I would imagine to have minimum light level at 1% intensity to be much lower than it is. If you turn it off on the go it will fade out smoothly. So there is still reserve on how low can 1% intensity be. The outcome is I can not use it as moonligt as it appears too bright. Anybody tested PAR with 1% intensity?

Back