• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

tmc signature 60 planted

george dicker

hi, after jumping in the deep end with a high tech tank and getting crazy algae problems i have decided to start a new lower tech planted tank, here is a picture of it all starting

Lovely tank you got ur hard scape figured out yet mate ? Or plant list etc ? Wat fluval filter you have there ?

Thanks Dean

i struggled with my last tank, high light, high co2 with not much clue what i was doing, so going simple with this one weekly 10 percent water changes, dosing once a week and weak co2, medium light

Attachments

• XCy6XuM.jpg
    XCy6XuM.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 150
Hi, I think you're gonna need to up the water changes at the start of you set up. Ten percent a week really isn't enough to get rid of all the remaining nasties IMO. Dosing once a week, isn't a good idea when pumping c02 into your tank. The Damond's on the plants become a little more when you're pumping c02 in the tank. You may end up with more algae if the plants don't get what they need.

What are the plants with the plants?

Agree with darren636. Water changes are essential with aquatic hobby. 20% at list per week and if You dosing plant food even more. Get some bucket :)

I'm use HMA filter. It remove chloramine and heavy metals from tap water. It make water safe and ready to use in tank.

Back