• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tom's 30cm Cube v.2

lowee

Some of you may remember my 30cm cube from the start of the year, which, unfortunately after a very busy summer fell into a state of disrepair. So, inspired by a number of tanks on here, I decided to completely re-scape it.

To go with the new scape, i also bought a Hydor external heater and a new external CO2 diffsuer. The decor is as follows:

Tropica plant care substrate topped with Aqua Soil powder and Zambezi sand
Mini-landscape rock, graded gravel and sumatra wood

Its been almost a year since a scaped a tank, so I just sort of went with what I liked. I'm also really struggling to take some good photos of it though (any tips?) but here is what I ended up with, let me know what you think!

DSC03010.jpg

Cheers
Tom

Love the graded gravels! The stones nice too. Obviously this will look different planted up, but it seems a little flat - maybe build up more toward the back or some beefier rocks? Nice and natural though.

Neil.

Thanks Neil. The space at the back is for the sumatra wood, which should be here in the next day or two! That will add plenty of height, im just hoping that I can tie it all together.

Tom

Yeh I agree on the rocks, didn't want them too tall though, im only planning crypt parvula in the foreground, so hopefully the rocks should stay clear. Just got the wood yesterday, heres how it looks in the tank. What does everyone think?

DSC03015.jpg

DSC03018.jpg

Cheers
Tom

looking good. the rocks are just a small part of what a scape can eventually turn into. plant correct and the rocks should remain in view.

the wood may need a little attention though. maybe get a hammer to mash up the ends or split the ends with a chisel them mash it with a hammer for a more naturel look.

A great start Tom.

Back