• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tom's 60cm Manzanita Scape

lowee

So having recently took order of a 60x40x40cm Optiwhite tank from the guys the The Green Machine I began thinking of what I was going to do with it and came across Tom Barr's manzanita wood, and having family based in the US meant it was pretty easy to get it shipped over. I got some amazing pieces and have decided to combine them with some TGM blue stone to for a nature aquarium look.The spec is as follows:

Aquasoil Amazonia (new multi-type)
Eheim 2217
Up aqua inline diffuser
Arcadia 2x24w T5

I've been a little unsure on what to go for in terms of planting, so i'd love some ideas. I just chucked the hardscape in to give you an idea of what im going for, im currently thinking:

Stems in the back
Moss on the wood
Hairgrass/HC in the foreground
Crypts at the base of the wood.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Anyone got any better ideas?

Thanks for looking!
Tom

A neat look would have Crypt lucens around the wood, some taller Hair grass in the rear, HC front, some moss to ease the transition between the HC.Crypts and stone etc.

In fact, you can simply glue the moss to the rock and have nice dark green moss rock instead.
This would be easy and easy to care for except the trimming of the HC.

i think the plants you have listed would look nice all i would surgest is to use weeping moss on the wood and i think you have the makeings of something special how mutch did it cost to get the wood shiped over its a nice peice that

Back