• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Hi all,
I have noticed that BigTom had pH issues where water got hard. I am planning to make use of this phenomenon and may do bottom tank as an African Tanganyika Biotope.
I think he used John Innes Compost (JI), which has lime added and this meant that, even though his tap water was soft, over time the tank water became harder, which wasn't ideal for the Licorice Gourami (Parosphromenus) that he started with. If you have hard tap water, normally you will have hard tank water.

cheers Darrel

Last edited:
That's an interesting thing. I am not planning to keep the same fish as BigTom. But interesting thing. I will have to check my water pH level.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

This thread is inspirational!

Highly misleading title though, as I was expecting to see a little muddy dirted bowl or something, rather than an envy-inducing tank to aspire to. I've bookmarked the thread so one day when I have the time and space I can aim for something similar. Thanks!

Back