• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tom's Do!aqua20

Tom

Tank - Do!aqua 20cm - 8 liters
Light - AquaEl 9w PC
Filter - Azoo HOB 120lph
Substrate - Unipac black sand
Daily Ferts - 1ml TPN+, 1ml AE AquaCarbon, bit of Spezial N.

IMG_8880.jpg

Got some Glosso today from Plantedtanks
IMG_9031.jpg

Used most of it in this cube, then some in the Mini M to fill the gaps. The rest of the plants were taken from the 10 liter, but I will probably lose some and get some more stems. Something like Staurogyne, maybe R. indica, nanjenshan etc. Stuff I wouldn't normally use. Very tight budget as it's been an expensive month for the car, birthdays etc but hopefully things will pick up soon.
IMG_9126.jpg

Tom

Re: Tom's Do!aqua 20 - day 1

I sort of assumed you'd go for a wabi-kusa? Nice start should go well!

I like it broseph, good choise with the glosso. Probably my favorite plant :D

RIP the 10L haha

Thanks, I will update quite a often as usual I hope. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Glosso gets on, I've never had a carpet of it before. The 10 liter had started to improve since making several changes to water, dosing and maintenance so I will start this how I left the other one. Water changes will be daily, at least for now.

Garuf said:
I sort of assumed you'd go for a wabi-kusa? Nice start should go well!

I thought about it, and I may do a 'submersed' version at some point. If not a proper wabi kusa then maybe a less organised bunch of stems. :rolleyes:

Tom

wow, just did a search for these and they are very reasonable in price, £10.49! Looks like a bargain to me.

Hi I love the 20cm cube, Isn't 120litres overkill for an 8 litre tank? as you know I have been looking for a cube and thought the azoo mignon 60 would be enough. Whats the flow rate like?
+are you going to use a heater for your shrimp and plants?
thanks greg.

You can find them here: http://www.thegreenmachineonline.com/pr ... glass/cube

120lph is not overkill for this tank. I highly doubt it's turning over that much anyway. I have an Eheim Ecco Pro 300 on my Mini M. That's rated something like 750lph in a 20 liter tank. Again, it's not going to reach that much.

I'm honestly not sure what model this filter is, or the larger one! I just know they are Azoo (says on the lid!!). The larger is something like 400lph.

Good good, weeds is what I is going for in this here cube isnit. Nah I would like a fast growing tank for a change. Makes things interesting and I can change the layout more often. Have never had real success with stems either, so will try some more. I have some Rotala 'Green' coming on Saturday hopefully, which will be nice.

I've added some Rotala "green" this morning which should hopefully straighten itself out over the next couple of days. The plan is to slope the stems from the surface at the back to almost Glosso-height in the foreground. Need to brush up on my stem technique as I've not really had much luck before. People say how easy they are, but mine just haven't grown in the past!

Snap from this afternoon :) Had just trimmed the Glosso and some of the old Hairgrass leaves. When the rotundifolia has reached the surface I will pull it out and re-plant the tips as the bottoms are still in emersed form.

Shot at ISO 50, F20 and 1/160 sec exposure. Light is a Canon flashgun 18" over tank at -1 stop.

IMG_94071.jpg

No idea about the camara stats haha but the tank pleases my eyes.. :) keep it up mate its gunna look great. I'd be tempted to dump the hc on the left behind the glosso and replace with p.helferi, but hey that's my moan of the day haha

Yes the HC will be coming out, it's just in there to see if it will grow at the moment. I'll probably either trim the stems so that they slope from Glosso height right up to the back, or I'll get hold of some Staurogyne. The Riccia is also temporary, and the moss might go too!! Could well be an ever-changing layout!

Back