• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tom's Poco Pozo

Well this stuff has been living outside so I guess that helps. I do find hairgrass quite hit and miss in low tech... sometimes it does well, sometimes it just sits there and barely grows for months. Can't say I've ever spotted a correlation with light/flow/ferts either really. Sorry, that's a pretty useless reply, haha.

Haha alright man cheers! Don't worry about it haha! I had a feeling it was one of those plants... E. Parvula is labelled 'easy' by tropica, yet i've never completely agreed with that statement haha.

OK, proof of swamp so people will stop asking :D

3y8cx.jpg
Looks like Paros paradise :)

Wow! From 5cm visibility on Monday to totally clear on Thursday. Your filters must be :what:nasty:yuck:

Wow! From 5cm visibility on Monday to totally clear on Thursday. Your filters must be :what:nasty:yuck:

Heh, it was mainly just tannins - a 95% water change dealt with them. The filter has a big old sponge on the intake so no issues there.

Wow!! Its beautiful mate, and looking very natural too. Have you made any decision on fish yet?

A dozen otos just went in to take over form the tadpoles, most of which I removed. Final fish list will probably be determined by availability, I've got some feelers out...

Looks wonderful Tom: the only thing that bothers me a bit is the big "chunk" in the left side. This is not part of the main root as I understand it? If not I would remove it to create an even wider and emptier (not sure that is proper English) space in front. This is what is so great with a tank this size. That you can create wide spaces that makes the tank look bigger and more natural. I love the area to the right with just sand, roots, twigs, and grass (and maybe some leaves). More of that. Would make the tank look more balanced and calm. Just a thought.

Thomas

Looks wonderful Tom: the only thing that bothers me a bit is the big "chunk" in the left side. This is not part of the main root as I understand it? If not I would remove it to create an even wider and emptier (not sure that is proper English) space in front. This is what is so great with a tank this size. That you can create wide spaces that makes the tank look bigger and more natural. I love the area to the right with just sand, roots, twigs, and grass (and maybe some leaves). More of that. Would make the tank look more balanced and calm. Just a thought.

Thomas

Thanks for the feedback Thomas. The large twisted ivy on the left is quite dominant at the moment but does a really good job of leading the eye through the tank in the flesh. Once the two rocks are removed it'll look a lot more balanced and continuous. I did have an alternative composition with the ivy flipped around to form a continuation of the stump on the right hand side which made an excellent wrap-around hollow. I deliberated over it for quite a while and might still try that out again but will wait until everything has sunk properly.

Yeah the two big lumps are temporary rocks... without the ivy there it was lacking in somethign to lead the eye... very much wood at the back and sand in front, especially given the deep shadows that the main stump is casting with only natural light on it at the moment.

Beautiful mate. Absolutely beautiful. You decided what fish are going in yet?

Nothing is quite final yet, but I'm thinking otos, C. habrosus, a group of Dicrossus filamentosus/maculatus, a good size shoal of dithers (totally up in the air still) and some Nannostomus eques, of which I picked up the last 4 from my LFS this morning. More will be added when they have stock again. They're just about the most peacefully behaved fish I've ever seen -

fc1bd9.jpg

5595d3.jpg

Back