• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tonina fluviatilis problem.

Mike87

Any ideas? It happened in one Day. Rest of plant doing well. Maybe someone has thesame issue?

Attachments

• IMG_20220424_160349.jpg
    IMG_20220424_160349.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 653
  • IMG_20220426_163704.jpg
    IMG_20220426_163704.jpg
    951.6 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_20220426_163732.jpg
    IMG_20220426_163732.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 113
Hmm, I've not personally grown this plant before, but from looking online it seems to be quite a demanding plant, here's a quote from buceplant
Like other species of Tonina, this is not a beginner’s plant. It requires moderately soft water, with a mildly acidic substrate. The species needs a lot of light (1 watt+ per litre,) and CO2 injection. A good supply of iron and micronutrients is important, and the nitrate and phosphate levels must never be allowed to fall to zero.
Are you using CO2? I don't see any bubbles so I'm wondering if you might have a reactor or something? How long has the tank been up and running? Are you using any ferts?

Any ideas? It happened in one Day. Rest of plant doing well. Maybe someone has thesame issue?
how much are you dosing for micro? (high non fe micro might cause this) and how soft is water.
these tonina are very easy plants long as you have softwater. they dont need co2 or high light or high nutrients.

Thanks for reply.
Yes got Co2 reactor. Tank is running over 2 years with some scape changes but without substrate removing or replacing.

I can have desired water hardness due to RO Using but now I have Gh 8 and Kh 1.
Currently using Tropica premium as micro fert. Overdosed like 2,5x.
Got also but not using now - profito, seachem trace, csm+b, and some other.

Daily fertilizing Routine.

Back