• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tonys "Mojito's Cove" 200L - 4 week update pics

50 otos is a bit of an overkill don't you think? Looks like you're breeding frogs now :D
Nah, they soon spread out and hide away! Once the tank has settled in, some of them will move to another tank;)

thats enough for the Stockport P@H tank!! :wideyed:
Surely your not planning on growing that much algae to feed them all? :lol: Ady.

The algae has no chance Ady - it wont even get a look in ! I like the ranunculus, its a really interesting shape, and once it gets going it will fill a tank rapidly ! Its my first time with Blue Tetras, and i like their subtlety, they're definitely not a 'shoaler' but I like their randomness in this tank.

what media do you have inside it Tony? cheers
Its just the standard media balls Paulo - works fine and isn't clogging at all.

How come I have missed that one !!!! Very nice realization Tony. Do you have any distribution (flow) issue behind the big rock on right and left ?
because with spraybar set up flow should be block by the hardscape !?

cheers
zanguli
Hi Zanguli, and thanks :0 Distribution is fine in the tank - there are a pair of Eheim 2075's on there so alot of flow is generated. The substrate is built right up behind those rocks, so theres not a massive void in there, and the plants are primarily above the rocks anyway so they get flow. I do get detritus buidling up around the rock bases, but its easily solved with a weekly siphon.

Great tank - very clean. It looks like an instant winner, as if you've managed to create an amazing tank effortlessly...
I'm even more impressed with the man cave though - I'm totally jealous!!
I also see you have an Aquasky on your other tank in the cave - where did you manage to get that from? I'm having trouble finding a reasonably price and attractive light and that looks like it may fit the bill, but I can't seem to find someone to ship me one to the UK!

Hi Ebo', it wasnt quite effortless, but has been very straightforward so far, I hope it continues that way, as this tank has job to do in a month or so's time ;)

I bought the Aquasky on a trip to Europe earlier this year. The ADA distribution agreements prevent any dealer from outside the UK from shipping to the UK, and as the Aquasky has not met UK electrical regulations I dont think they'll be available here anytime soon. Book a holiday to somewhere with an ADA dealer in town ;)

Tony

Looks very good, Tony! I like the placement of the wood and stones, beautiful! Noticed that you are using spray bars as well, do you find them better than lily pipes? What make are those?

Progressing nicely tony, the pinna has taken off.

Do you feed the ottos? I always had issues keeping 5 happy let alone 50!! Which is ironic as my tanks weren't exactly algae free.

What do you think of the aquasky? Videos I've seen don't look like they give off the best colour rendition??

Looks very good, Tony! I like the placement of the wood and stones, beautiful! Noticed that you are using spray bars as well, do you find them better than lily pipes? What make are those?
Hi Antoni, the spraybars were some prototypes, that were going to be sold by John at Aquarium Plant Food UK, I'm not sure if they're available yet. They give a good flow if you have strong enough filtration, and do get all round the tank :)

You must have amanos and otos coming out your ears lol ... Love the setup .... and the tank aint bad too :p My eyes are fixed.
Thanks Aron, theres plenty in there, but with lots of 'caves' the amanos keep a low profile !

Progressing nicely tony, the pinna has taken off.
Do you feed the ottos? I always had issues keeping 5 happy let alone 50!! Which is ironic as my tanks weren't exactly algae free.
What do you think of the aquasky? Videos I've seen don't look like they give off the best colour rendition??

Thanks iain, yes the pinna could become rampant, so it going to be kept in check with lots of trimming - hopefully that will help it develop a redder colour too. The oto's are feeding on algae wafers, and cucumber too - so far so good. The amanos completely cleared the little detritus there was in about a day - they\re feeding on crab cuisine now.

I like the aquasky a lot - aesthetically theres nothing to beat it. The colour rendition is on the yellower side, as you can see in the studio shot, when comparing it to the MH on this tank. That said, I'm getting nice deep reds in the ludwigia sp red thats in the 45P, though its proving tricky to stop it being leggy. I'll put a journal up for that tank this week ;)

Tony

Agree with Mark, would be great to see how this evolved mate :)

Thats very spooky timing Ady - I've just stripped it down this evening, and was just washing the tank out when an email pings in with an alert to your message !

The scape had to fend for itself for most of this year, as my daughters needs have increased as she has gone through her first year of schooling, plus I've been crazy busy with work, including a lot of travel. The bolbitis had held its own pretty well despite no ferts but everything else suffered. Then the CO2 ran out whilst I was away a couple of weeks ago, so I came back to BBA too.

As we have now sold our house, and are looking for another place, I have decided to strip it down and sell it all off ( I'm selling my 5ft tank too ), as the new place is going to need renovation work, and the likelyhood of these tanks being just the right size for them is slim, so I'll get shot of everything and start again once the new place is sorted.

Sorry not to give a more positive update !

Tony

NB lots of stuff coming up for sale in the next couple of weeks ;)

Ahh, never mind Tony, family is much more important and you have to make hay while the sun shines regards work!
Good luck with the house hunting, at least your in a favourable position having already sold yours :)
Will keep my eye out for some goodies.
Cheerio,
Ady.

Last edited:
Back