• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tonys 'Nano Rouge' 14L

Re: Tonsers 14L Nano Rouge

TBRO said:
Wow that looks awsome. Nice sense of depth for such a small tank. Well done for beating the algae and persisting with the HC. Is the lotus gonna be a problem, sizewise ?

How is the Eheim 2026 ? is it ok in your tank, I'm thinking of getting one for my 30 l nano

Thanks TBRO. I keep trimming the leaves off the lotus when they get bigger, otherwise they do put everything in shadow :lol: The 2026 is working great - flow is only on half power which is plenty to get everything moving in the tank. Nice and quiet too :D

Superman said:
What are you currently dosing and how have you trimmed the HC?
Hi Clark. Dosing 1ml TPN+ per day, but as of a month ago I added some KNO3 to the TPN+ having read on Saintlys thread that HC liked KNO3 (I made up 30ml TPN+ with 10g KNO3 added), and this seems to have helped alot. I havent trimmed it at all yet, but it took a long time to get a hold in the EcoComplete, so i was always pushing bits back in to the sub.

CeeBee said:
Your tank is beautiful and I love your photo's. If that was sitting on my desk, I'd spend many happy hours gazing into it
Thanks CeeBee :D Thats exactly what I do :lol:

Tony

Hi Tony,i dont know how i missed this little beauty,but i just read it from the start and i think its gorgeous,you must have been well pleased when you got rid of the algae,the rasbora metae are one of my favourite fish,in fact i am reading everything i can about rasboras i love em,lovely nano wel done .
regards john.

LondonDragon said:
Nice one Tony, looks like you have got everything under control again hows the cherries doing?
I think I'm getting there Paulo, probably a couple more weeks, then hopefully the algae will be gone :D Cherries are doing great, though I did lose 3 over the last fortnight - due to the Excel I think :( There are plenty of little ones about and another couple of females carrying eggs too :D

john starkey said:
Hi Tony,i dont know how i missed this little beauty,but i just read it from the start and i think its gorgeous,you must have been well pleased when you got rid of the algae,the rasbora metae are one of my favourite fish,in fact i am reading everything i can about rasboras i love em,lovely nano wel done .
regards john.

Thanks very much John :D I'm really pleased with the tank, and pleased to be winning the algae fight too. When I got back from Jersey and saw the state of the tank I was ready to rip it all out and rescape it, but with the help of folks on here I'm recovering it and that is pretty satisfying :D

I'd like a small shoal of microrasbora kubotai, but cant find anywhere that stocks them :(

Tony

Tonser said:
Superman said:
What are you currently dosing and how have you trimmed the HC?
Hi Clark. Dosing 1ml TPN+ per day, but as of a month ago I added some KNO3 to the TPN+ having read on Saintlys thread that HC liked KNO3 (I made up 30ml TPN+ with 10g KNO3 added), and this seems to have helped alot. I havent trimmed it at all yet, but it took a long time to get a hold in the EcoComplete, so i was always pushing bits back in to the sub.
I've added some KNO3 to my TPN+ today at the same concentration as yours to see if that works, thanks for the info.

Lovely mate! I love the lilly, do you know the species?

haha, no worries. It's just I have a soft spot for lillies, some of the dwarf species will even flower in tanks as small as ours! N. helvea rubra is one such plant and has a lovely claret flower.

Tonser are you still looking for kabotia? They have them in stock at wildwoods and st albans MA if that helps?

Back