• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tonys 'Nano Rouge' 14L

Re: Tonsers 14L Nano Rouge

Looking good Tony, 35 shrimp??? haha I count up to 20 and then throw in whats left in the net :)

As mentioned in the previous post, can you post a photo of the tank equipment just to see what kind of space is needed for it ;) cheers

LondonDragon said:
Looking good Tony, 35 shrimp??? haha I count up to 20 and then throw in whats left in the net

Some of these were from the other batch I bought - I've still got about 15 tiny cherries in a breeding net in my qt tank. They'll go in here once they're a little bigger. :D

Heres some pics of the setup. Filter and FE sit under the desk, so just the footprint of the nano on the desktop.

Tony

SetUp_1.jpg

SetUp_3.jpg

SetUp_2.jpg

It's going to be really really good, I can't wait to see it all grown in!

Once again Tony you're setup looks great, no expense spared by the look of the equipment ;) Which results in the lovely display inside the tank. Well done mate, looking forward to seeing this one grow in :D

[quote="Tonser
Heres some pics of the setup. Filter and FE sit under the desk, so just the footprint of the nano on the desktop.
[/quote]

Someone else mentioned the other day how good it is to see pics of the tanks in situ within a room. I couldn't agree more, I love both those and the 'behind the scenes' pics :)

Tourney said:
Once again Tony you're setup looks great, no expense spared by the look of the equipment Which results in the lovely display inside the tank. Well done mate, looking forward to seeing this one grow in

Thanks Tourney, I'm looking forward to it too, though its hard to resist playing around with it, as it stares at me all day :lol:

a1Matt said:
Someone else mentioned the other day how good it is to see pics of the tanks in situ within a room. I couldn't agree more, I love both those and the 'behind the scenes' pics

I agree completely Matt - its great to see where folks tanks are, and how all the gubbins are set up.

aaronnorth said:
looking good, at first i thought the red leaf was a Giant red cherry shrimp lol.

Haha Aaron. I had a trimmed stem of Alternanthera Cardinalis, so I thought I'd stick it in and see how it does. Leaves are a bit big for a nano though !

keymaker said:
I'm sure you already mentioned it somewhere but what kind of camera and lens do you use?

These pics were all shot on a Nikon D700, mainly with the 24-70mm 2.8G ED lens - which is fantastic :D The latest shots were with the Sigma 70-200mm HSM II Macro lens. The D700 has just been upgraded though, so its going on ebay this weekend (pm me if anyone is interested :D).

Tony

Tonser said:
New pics tomorrow

OK, so not quite 'tomorrow', but here you go... :D

22 days since this was planted, and all seems well. The E Acicularis is growing nicely, and sending out lots of runners, as is the E Tennellus. The Pogostemon helferi is looking nice and healthy, and they're shooting lots of roots from their stems ( - not sure what I should do with them ? ).

The HC is gradually winning its battle with the baby corys ! I have to replant a few bits every morning, but the carpet is forming along the sides of the tank, and there are lots of tiny leaves poking through in the middle foreground area too :D

I'd put a Nymphaea Lotus bulb in that wasnt doing well in another tank, and thats got some lovely leaves on it now, and they're just the right colour for the tank. If only they would stay that size :(

I get sporadic pearling from the HC, but cant work out any sort of pattern to it ! Sometimes is pearls others it dont.

A small shoal of 12 Copper Harlequin Rasboras is inhabiting the tank too now :) They're lovely little things - very active, and shoal together brilliantly.

Heres some pics:

Nano19.jpg

Nano16.jpg

Nano17.jpg

Nano18.jpg

lovely tonser, once truly established thos plants will have you snipping till the fish come home.

the tank has a real nice summer vibe to it. photography is great mate, i see a different use of light?....

Very nice Tony, it's coming along well :D I've done something similar, but with just 3 rocks (sanzon iwagumi ;) ) and a 20 litre arcadia arc tank. Might start another journal myself soon :D

Back