• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tonys 'Peacocks Crypt' - The End

Re: Tonsers 200L Optiwhite

Tourney said:
Got the replacement yet Tony?

Nope :(

Probably next week, they say. Much as its awful having the damaged tank sitting next to me all day, and not being able to do much with it, I'm so stacked out with work I wouldn't have time to do it if it was OK !

Pic below shows how it looks this morning ! Various bits of hardscape in there - quite like the stacked polystyrene look myself :lol:

Also undecided on which light to use - rim mounted luminaire, or ceiling hung osaka lights, or I could hang the luminaire :? ??? I think keeping the rim clear will be nice, so hanging one set of lights or the other.

Tony

Optiwhite_2.jpg

You can suspend the arcadia lum's you need a kit for it though...

The arcadia (Y) The osaka unit's aren't as pretty.

Hi mate, thats looking good, pop a few more rocks around the base of the main ones and it'll be great!

I'd go for the Osaka lights, they really suit the cabinet and the reflectors are really good.

Hey, I'd say the Osaka lights as well, they seem to balance out the cabinet. The Arcadia looks "flimsy" (I know they are not though) compared to the hunk of a stand! With all that polystyrene you could go a for a new style floating rock scape!?

looking ace tonser. i think you need smaller polystyrene though to compliment the large stone....... iwagumi rules i'm afraid :lol:

i bet your itching to get it running

Looking good. From that photo the arcadia looks better looking to me - but I agree with Dan, the Fluval ones do go with the cabinet. I think you're in the best position to choose!

Tank looks very green - you sure they used optiwhite on it??? Could just be the photo.

Hope you get it sorted soon, those rocks look great.

Mark

Thanks for your thoughts guys.

Dan Crawford said:
Hi mate, thats looking good, pop a few more rocks around the base of the main ones and it'll be great! I'd go for the Osaka lights, they really suit the cabinet and the reflectors are really good.

I like the slim profile of the arcadia, but then I like how the Fluvals match the cabinet :lol:

As the fluvals are already hanging I'm going to go with them first, and keep the arcadia in reserve.

oatfish said:
With all that polystyrene you could go a for a new style floating rock scape!?

Yeah I'm going to tie HC to the poly and float it, tanks going to be called "The Flying Carpet" :lol:

saintly said:
looking ace tonser. i think you need smaller polystyrene though to compliment the large stone....... iwagumi rules i'm afraid - i bet your itching to get it running

Thanks Mark - but if you count them, theres an odd number of poly bits :D I'm just pleased i'm stacked with work, otherwise it would be doing my head in !

I still havn't decided if this is going to go Iwagumi style or manzanita based - might end up with both in there ;)

vauxhallmark said:
Tank looks very green - you sure they used optiwhite on it??? Could just be the photo.
Yep, its a lot bluer in daylight, definitely optiwhite :D

Tony

Tonser said:
Thanks guys.

Its 100 x 45 x 55 high James - just deep enough to reach the substrate comfortably ;)

Tony
I'm planning a 90x60x60, but looking at the depth of that, 45cm might be fine... keep us posted mate, I'll keep my eye out :)

Yep, the tank arrived Easter Saturday.......

but had a couple of "issues", so thats gone back too :twisted: :twisted: :mad:

Awaiting news on when the next one will be here - hopefully it'll be 3rd time lucky and I'll be able to do something with all the substrate, and hardscape thats been waiting for its new home for a few weeks now. :)

Back