• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tonys 'Peacocks Crypt' - The End

Re: Tonsers 200L Optiwhite (now ft. plants & a bag of gravel !)

Absolutely awesome Tony! I love it! Wheres the bolbitis going? Fantastic photos too :) Can't wait for the behind the scenes pics...

hi tony,
:wideyed: it just gets better.......i'll be round later to collect it.will look great in my living room :lol: :lol:

Tonser said:
You might want to retract that after reading the next post Paulo :lol:
Nothing to retract Tony, looks better by the minute, will be interesting to see how all those mosses combine together, when you have a chance if you can get a close shot of the triangle moss, looks interesting that one.
Keep us posted on the Bolbits and also the more photos the better :)

Hi Tony,well just for a change i am SPEECHLESS,absoluteley wonderfull,
regards john.

Thanks all :D :D :D , and thanks for the Christmas moss Stu - I've a special place awaiting it :D

The Bolbitis will be going around mid-height on the roots Steve, though I havent decided yet how much I'll use. I'm not convinced about the Hygrophila Difformis yet - it didnt travel well, and is melting really badly, so I'll wait to see how ( or if :rolleyes: ) it recovers. If it gets pulled, the bolbitis will move a bit lower on the branches which will leave more space for the mosses. I've very little experience of plants so will just have to wait and see how they progress. :D

Heres a pic of the triangle moss Paulo, definitely my favourite of the 5 so far ...
Optiwhite30_MUS1440.jpg

And some pics of the setup Steve...

The RO filter, light timers, FE and CO2 reactor:
Optiwhite24_MUS1431.jpg

The left hand cupboard:
Optiwhite25_MUS1433.jpg

and the right hand side:
Optiwhite26_MUS1434.jpg

I've used eheim double-tap connectors beneath each inlet and outlet, so I can easily remove them for cleaning. I also 'sheathed' the 17mm tubing with 20mm pond pipe so that it cant kink, and added a 'T' with tapped fitting as a drain out for easy water changes:
Optiwhite28_MUS1432.jpg

Optiwhite27_MUS1435.jpg

And this is where it all sits in the studio, guarded by the ever curious Bailie :lol:
Optiwhite31_MUS1446.jpg

Wow, you've got some serious setup going on here Tony - got to be a winner! ;) I know it might be a bit early, but any ideas on stocking yet?

Love your work Tony, real nice.

Your mid ground looks a little sparce in the pics, what have you got planted in the base of the wood and behind the parva?

That wood is awesome.

Top draw mate 8)

rawr said:
I know it might be a bit early, but any ideas on stocking yet?

Nothing final Thomas, but I might go with a large shoal of neons or microrasboras, and 20 or so pygmy corys? One thing I'm sure of is I'm in no rush to stock it - I want the freedom to concentrate on the plants for a while :D

Graeme Edwards said:
Love your work Tony, real nice.
Your mid ground looks a little sparce in the pics, what have you got planted in the base of the wood and behind the parva?
That wood is awesome.
Top draw mate

Thanks Graeme. The E parvula is behind and around the parva, then theres a little E Tennelus in the centre too. I've stuffed Monosolenium Tenerum into the crevices and alcoves in the root bases, so hopefully that will fill out nicely. The hygrophila difformis starts around the root bases and goes to the cyperus helferi at the back, but I'm not sure about it yet. I'm going to have a look at the bolbitis tomorrow, but dont want to overcrowd it.

Ahh sweet mate.

Nice to see H difformis in a class scape. Its often picked by the nube, but its a lovely plant and is rampant. For the style of your scape, many would go for rotala green, R rotundifolia, L arcuat etc etc, but I like that you have not followed the trendy plants and growing something less obvious.

One thought though, the weeping moss could be difficult to look balanced. Look at where it is now, once it grows it will start to hang over the wood like a green blanket up in a tree. This may go against your vision. Dont want to be negative, just wanted to highlight what might happen with that poticular moss. Im not sure about the others mate ive never grown them.

I do really like it,cant wait to see it fill in.

It's one thing to see shots of a tank, but I really love to see tanks in their rooms. And yours is very inspiring. Really neat arrangement and cabling.

Tonser said:
Heres a pic of the triangle moss Paulo, definitely my favourite of the 5 so far ...
Thanks for the photo Tony, moss looks really good, don't forget me for the first trim haha
Tank is looking awsome and the planting and setup too, you have a cracker in your hands.
Good luck Tony, looking forward to seeing this filling in now.

I have just caught up with the last few pages of this thread, and the tank is looking lovely. Great pics as always from you Tony.

Can I be cheeky and request a close up pic of the ectropthecium when you are doing your next set of pics?

I am tied between fissidens madagascar and the triangle moss as my favourites from the mosses I got from TGM last week. The triangle has the best growth pattern, but the fronds on the fissidens are more distinctive.

Your setup is organised very well. I like it alot.

Back