• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tonys 'Peacocks Crypt' - The End

Re: Tonsers 200L Optiwhite ... now ft. stable hardscape :)

Looks great Tony! Great recovery :) What you'll find with the Bolbitis is that it will flatten out and grow forwards and hopefully get a layered effect.

I'm loving bolbitis at the moment, and i'm trying to get to grips with how to scape it :)

Hi tony,that's a great recovery mate,this is going to be a really nice scape if all goes well,
Regards john.

Thanks very much guys. I had a bit of time on the gravel today, so thats looking better now - I'll try to do some more pics this week :D

Has anyone tips on bolbitis growing ? I've got some in the discus tank, but its incredibly slow growing. I'd like to know if it does particularly well in certain conditions, or if you can trim it in anyway to keep it bushy, rather than stringy.

cheers

Tony

Tonser said:
Has anyone tips on bolbitis growing ? I've got some in the discus tank, but its incredibly slow growing
I have been told to watch the amount of NO3 you put in the tank and also to watch the temp! Top for them is 28C and the lower the better so I heard. Hope you have better luck with them than me!! :lol:

Tonser said:
Has anyone tips on bolbitis growing ? I've got some in the discus tank, but its incredibly slow growing.
IME it takes a good while to adapt to new conditions, but once it's got going it's quite rampant.

It does also appreciate good flow.

lots of flow lots of co2 gets burnt by really high levels of kno3.

That space just under the root with bolbitis?
Anything going there?

thinking a rock with some java narrow poking out from under it.

Thanks for the bolbitis tips guys :D I've had alot of die-back / melt on some of it in the first week, so I've trimmed back all the dead stuff. The flow from the 2 lily pipes is pointing at the bolbitis on either side, so hopefully with the right dosing it will adapt and create new growth.

jay said:
That space just under the root with bolbitis?
Anything going there? Thinking a rock with some java narrow poking out from under it.

Hi Jay

I'm going to leave that space for now, I quite like it as a sort of path through the scape. There's E. Parvula, and E.Tennellus planted in amongst there so we'll see how that grows in.

Cheers

Tony

Re: Tonsers 200L Optiwhite

So, things are generally going well so far, I've got fast growth coming from the Diffidis, and runners appearing from the E. Tennelus and the E Parvula too, plus lots of new shoots in the Crypt Parva 8) The Bolbitis has suffered alot of melt, so I've cut it back quite hard to encourage new growth - fingers crossed on that one.

The only problem I have is a very fine kind of hair algae, which is appearing primarily on the sand in the front corners of the tank. It seems to be from the Malaya dust which was spread around when I had to rescape - has anyone else had this ? I can remove it by twirling some tweezers around and wrapping it up, but I have to do it every morning. I guess its a flow thing as the flow is probably least in these areas ?

Here are some new pics I took last week, on Day 17.

Cheers

Tony

Optiwhite42_MUS1587.jpg

Optiwhite36_MUS1539.jpg

Optiwhite38_MUS1544.jpg

Optiwhite43_MUS1589.jpg

Optiwhite42_MUS1568.jpg

Optiwhite34_MUS1548.jpg

Optiwhite44_MUS1535.jpg

Re: Tonsers 200L Optiwhite

Oh my is that underwater?for real?Its amazing!
And do you by any chance know what moss is used in the first pic of your inspiration?
thanks

Back