• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tonys 'Peacocks Crypt' - The End

Re: Tonsers 200L Optiwhite

I knew this was going to be one to watch and you haven't disappointed, Tony... :D

I admire your patience with the gap below the Bolbitis. It will take some time to fill - I'd perhaps even consider some Anubias down there in the shade, or a nice feature crypt? But it's your layout mate and so far you've done a brilliant job, so who am I to offer advice willy nilly!

The photography is marvellous.

Thanks guys and gals - lets hope it grows in nicely :D

neelhound said:
the algae sounds a bit like spiro gira (spelling may be out?), have you got any pics of it?

Hi Stu, I dont think its Spirogyra as its not green, and is finer and more fuzzy. I'm sure its CO2 / flow related, as it was worse this morning after the FE ran out yesterday - here are a couple of quick pics...

Optiwhite45_MUS1609.jpg

Optiwhite46_MUS1599.jpg

neelhound said:
do you by any chance know what moss is used in the first pic of your inspiration?

Sorry neelhound I'm not sure, though I'm sure one of the moss experts will help :)

George Farmer said:
I admire your patience with the gap below the Bolbitis

To be honest, in the flesh it gives an extra sense of depth to the scape, but only when viewed more or less straight on, so its tricky to get that on the pics. I'll see how it goes :D

Cheers

Tony

Cheers John - pleased you like it :D

samc said:
im sure you said that moss was triangle moss tony

i think the algae is thread or fuzz algae i had this, its probely down to the co2 not getting to them areas

Thanks Sam, thats what i reckon, though you can see microbubbles being blown around those areas. I think neelhound was asking about the moss in the first image on my inspiration list on page 1 :?:

Tony

Stunning photography, stunning wood shape, stunning composition. I saved those pictures in my "aquascapes" local folder - and that does not happen frequently. Tonser, your're the Man.

I get these little tufty fellas, on my part it's down to poor maintenance and possibly flow.

Your tank is still new pal, if it were me, i'd just keep removing it and it will no doubt clear up as the tank matures a bit.

I'd say it's nothing to worry about, I had it on my nano but it went over night when I added Oto's. I believe it's diatoms, or at least a similar start up algae.

this tank is frickin unreal!

the photography is just amazing. come my way and give me lessons!

your raising this bar way to high mate :lol: bring it back down

brilliant stuff!

Wow, i love the tank :D
And you photography is perfect. Best shots in terms of clarity i have seen in a full tank shot!

Just like everyone else is saying, Tony, this is wonderful stuff. The photography is sensational - and the lighting is gorgeous.

Any update on the hardware? Is it all working as expected? Specifically you said you intended to include a moonlight phase - how's that going?

saintly said:
your raising this bar way to high mate :lol: bring it back down
brilliant stuff!
I have just about given up now both in terms of scaping and photography! can't compete with you guys no more! haha
I have to find another hobby :p

The quality of that picture is nuts!
It looks like there is no front pane of glass, and no water! :wideyed: :wideyed:

How in the hell did you shoot that??? :) I demand you publish all the details: camera, lens, aperture, shutter, lighting specs, placement, etc. :idea:

Back