• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Too much soil?

Monkfish

Finally getting round to setting up my 45cm cube and and wondering about the amount of soil and slope i have.

I like the look it has given, but didn't know if the soil slope goes too high? I will eventually be having the 2 pieces of wood in the third picture on the stones (they are soaking atm so not in the tank)

Attachments

• IMG_1454.jpg
    IMG_1454.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 319
  • IMG_1455.jpg
    IMG_1455.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 182
  • IMG_1443.jpg
    IMG_1443.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 166
You can build mounds as high as you like. The only worry is that without proper support it may eventually end up subsiding and collecting at the front, especially if you have shrimp.
One I made earlier, steeply banked...

39171350152_1a6a926bea_b.jpg

Monkfish

I agree with Tim 110% you can have whatever you want in an Aquascape it's in your home and as long as you like it all's OK.

My criticism would be if any thing it's too low BUT if you use tall plants/Driftwood in the back corner it will give you all the extra height you need

Keith :wave::greenfinger:

img_1454-jpg.jpg

Thanks Keith. It looks higher in person. I’ll be having Rotala rotundifolia and another stem are the back that I can’t remember the name of for more height haha. The wood will also end up being tall.

Alto I’ve not seen it but will check it out. Thanks.

Back