• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tourney's Osaka 260 journey

Thank you :) It's only 18 days old now, so once I add a few more plants and do a bit of trimming it should start to look better still. I keep tweaking some of the plant layout now and then, and I think parts of it will change in one way or another, but so far I'm quite happy with the progress.

It's my Osaka's 21st birthday today, well in days anyway ;) , so I thought I'd add an update. Here it is after it's 1st trim, and a little messing around with Photoshop Elements 7.

Feb09007copy.jpg

The Blyxa is starting to fill in a bit.

Feb09008.jpg

Here is one of the flourishing Aponogeton crispus.

Feb09009.jpg

And the last two pictures show the Boyu glass check valve from AE and the new FE and reg setup( thanks to Dan Crawford and Forest for those items)

Feb09015.jpg

Feb09010.jpg

I've bought a Hydor Koralia 2 on Ebay to improve the flow, and am still thinking of setting up an autodosing system for the home made all in one ferts.

What are the two leaves appearing behind the wood just above the anubias? They look interestingly crinkled! Some kind of Aponogeton?

If it's the leaves I think you mean, then yes its Aponogeton crispus. There is some more above the Java fern and to the right of the Java fern. :) Seems to be growing really well in there :)

Just got home from work and my wife has bought me half a dozen Rummy Nose Tetras for Valentines day (and yes I know it's tomorrow ;) ) :D Bless her, she knows me very well. They look great shoaling together, I will definately get some more in a few weeks. Thank god she did'nt leave them in the bag, wrap them up and give them to me tomorrow :lol: Thanks Lex love you loads :D

I've got all the ingredients together for the all in one auto fert dosing, including a bargain s/h Aquamedic sp3000 dosing pump :D Where is the best place to work out how much of each ingredient to mix and how much to dose in this 260L tank?

Yeah I'll be using the same Nitrate, mono Phosphate, and Trace that I use already, with the addition of a couple of other bits, but I want to know how to work out how much of each ingredient to mix in either a 1 litre or 2 litre bottle, and also how much to dose each day in ml. The dosing pump does 40ml per minute, would that be enough or would I need to up this somehow? Don't mind doing the calculations myself, just need to know how to do them :?

Hi Tourney

LD ran my tank size through Nutricalc (its doesnt work on Mac's :rolleyes: ) to give me the dosages to add 3 times per week, so if you want to make up a 35 day supply (which you'd basically replace on the 1st of every month for simplicity) then multiply your weight in grams by 15 ( from: 3(no.of doses per week) / 7 (to get back to daily amount) x 35 (days supply)).

Add the measured powders to 1400ml of RO water to make up the solution (40ml / day x 35 days)

Hope that makes sense !!! :D

Tony

Back