• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

TPN+ how often to dose

hellohefalump

I'm dosing my new tank with TPN+, it's 12.5litres but has a very big rock in it (see my journal: http://ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=4224 )

On the bottle it says dose 5mls, per 50litres of water, once a week with a 25% water change every two weeks.

I'm doing a 50% water change every DAY because I've got aquasoil in there and I'm getting rid of the initial ammonia spike.

I've got no livestock at the moment but I will be getting some cherry shrimp when the tank has cycled.

Thanks for replying, I will do what you say.
The ammonia will help to cycle the filter
will it not cause algae? How often should I do a water change then at the moment?

I'm also dosing easy carbo, which I'm hoping will help with algae. As yet there is no sign of algae at all, but the tank's only been running two days.

Here's my side of the TPN+ dosing story:

I have a 20 liter nano tank and dose 3ml (60 drops) per day from the TPN+. That would mean a 1,9 ml (37 drops) for your 12,5 liter tank. With the big hardscape I would dose about 1,5 ml/day.

I originally started with the amounts suggested by George but had serious plant deficiency issues. I realized that with my tap water data (which might differ from yours considerably) I will have to up the dose amounts and seriously start considering some K and PO4 addition too. While TPN+ might work wonderfully with certain tap waters it absolutely failed to work alone here...

I started with water changes on every other day. After one month I gradually decreased that to 2 times a week. So this is what I dose today to my 20 liter:

- 3ml TPN+
- 3ml K2SO4 (100g/l)
- 1ml KH2PO4 (40g/l)
- 1ml Easy Carbo.

I dose more (1.5x) with each water change.

Back