• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

TPN short.

Nick16

a little while ago, i read in a post that TPN was short of an ingrediaent. but i cannot remember what it was. im sure it began with p and the second word may have also began with p. (postassium and/or phospate?)

I think TPN does contain Potassium (K), just not very much.

This is probably the thread you are referring to.

on the AE website there is postassium carbonate, potassium nitrate, and potassium sulpahte. which do i need? is there not an all in one? how much should i dose and can it be mixed up in tap water?

You're looking at dry salts which are used when following the Estimative Index method of fertilising. Take a look in the Fertiliser section (Not dry powders) for all-in-one mixes such as Tropica Plant Nutrition+

It's difficult to answer. How densely are you stocking plants and fish? TPN is probably okay if you have plenty of fish and a fair amount of plants. TPN+ is better if you have little or no fish and lots of plants.

For dry fertilisers, see the sticky at the top of this section, titled 'EI daily methods or PMDD + PO4'.

thanks, i think i am sorted, just need to invest in the lights and co2 and we are ready to begin!

Back