• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Trace elements safe for inverts

rikwilliams

Seedling
Hello,

I have just converted my large marine reef tank to a planted tropical tank and am using RO water, so I am buffering the water to the correct pH but also need to add trace elements - there are plenty of bottles you can buy out there like seachem, but I want to continue to keep my freshwater shrimp and they all have copper in. Are there any safe for inverts, any brand names and experience would be great.

Thanks

Richard.

I use the powedered trace mix that Aqua Essentials (one of the forum sponsors) sell.
Have used it with Amano shrimp for a couple of years with no problems.
Have had Caradina cf. babaulti for a couple of weeks and they seem happy with it as well.

All will be safe for shrimp unless someone says otherwise - the majority of planted tank enthusiasts will have shrimp and all will likely be dosing a trace liquid/powder. 99% of off-the-shelf aquarium plant fertilisers are nothing but trace elements.

As long they are not overdosed by high quantities they should be safe to use, I have used trace powder in my tank for a couple of years without any probs to the shrimp. The only prob I have are the Bosemani Rainbows have grown a liking for shrimp :lol: :lol: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LondonDragon said:
As long they are not overdosed by high quantities they should be safe to use, I have used trace powder in my tank for a couple of years without any probs to the shrimp. The only prob I have are the Bosemani Rainbows have grown a liking for shrimp :lol: :lol: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

will other Rainbows like M.praecox eat cherries or amano's? as the M.praecox are smaller than bosemani's. What about Keyholes, do you think they will munch them?

Back