• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Transition to new scape (270L oddn0ise)

oddn0ise

Haven't been around for a few years but am now planning to start a new scape.
This is the previous set-up and it's been very low maintenance for a couple of years now, so there's been a build up of Black Beard Algae as I discarded the CO2 injection.

What's the opinion on moving plants from an old to a new set-up, as I can't face throwing big plants away.

I'm planning to leave the Anubias in a bucket in the dark for a week or so. And as there are some snails in there is it worth adding some sort of snail killer at the same time or am I really wasting time doing all this. Any thoughts or suggestions here.

IMG_0775.jpg
I think the Microsorum Narrow will have to go though.

Hi all,
......What's the opinion on moving plants from an old to a new set-up, as I can't face throwing big plants away.

I'm planning to leave the Anubias in a bucket in the dark for a week or so.......
I'd definitely re-use them. I wouldn't put them in the dark, I'd put seal them in a plastic bag (blow it up before you seal it) and leave it in a light, but not sunny spot. There should be enough CO2 and humidity to keep them alive, but to kill off the BBA.

You can do the same with the Java fern, but it needs to be kept in higher humidity.

Cheers Darrel

Hi all,
I'd definitely re-use them. I wouldn't put them in the dark, I'd put seal them in a plastic bag (blow it up before you seal it) and leave it in a light, but not sunny spot. There should be enough CO2 and humidity to keep them alive, but to kill off the BBA.

You can do the same with the Java fern, but it needs to be kept in higher humidity.

Cheers Darrel
Thanks for this great alternative to the bleach dip! Going to try it soon :)

Back