• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Transitioning to emersed

AqueousJungle

Seedling
I’m hoping to experiment with transitioning some of my submerged plants to emersed growing so after any tips to make this as successful as possible...

Firstly the plants I have available for this experiment:
  1. Buce (sp. red I think)
  2. Anubias Nana
  3. Hygrophila Polysperma
  4. Bacopa Caroliniana
  5. Bolbitis Heudelotii
  6. Hydrocotyle Verticillata
  7. Crypt Wendtii
  8. Echinodorus Bhaleri
  9. Marsilea Hirsuta
  10. Sagittaria Subulata

Any thoughts on the likelihood of success with these species would be appreciated?

Also any improvements on my current planned method to place roots in very damp soil in a container with high sides to maintain some humidity?

Last edited:
I’m hoping to experiment with transitioning some of my submerged plants to emersed growing so after any tips to make this as successful as possible...

Firstly the plants I have available for this experiment:
  1. Buce (sp. red I think)
  2. Anubias Nana
  3. Hygrophila Polysperma
  4. Bacopa Caroliniana
  5. Bolbitis Heudelotii
  6. Hydrocotyle Verticillata
  7. Crypt Wendtii
  8. Echinodorus Bhaleri
  9. Marsilea Hirsuta
  10. Sagittaria Subulata

Any thoughts on the likelihood of success with these species would be appreciated?

Also any improvements on my current planned method to place roots in very damp soil in a container with high sides to maintain some humidity?

If you want to add to your success rate, also consider a lid to keep even more humidity in.

Of the list you mentioned, I think most should be ok there

Yep, add a lid or put the containers in a clear plastic bag. Gradually over a few weeks put more and more holes in the bag, keeping checking. Eventually the plants will harden off and you'll be able to remove the bag. Not all of them will make it through id gues.

IME with a lidded tank, with very high humidity, many plants adapt very easily. Its just if you want to be lidless that it takes more time.

Back