• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Trapped air in new substrate

Mothman1967

Hi. I've just set up a non-CO2 planted tank, two days ago. The tank is an Oase Styline 175, fitted with an external Biomaster 250 Thermo. I've planted it with mostly easy and some medium grow stem and root plants for now. With maybe some epiphytes later and 6 hours of light from one led tube ATM. I intend to use ferts and root tabs too. But what is bugging me right now, is the amount of trapped air in the Manado light substrate. I've spent lots of time poking it with planting tweezers to free the air, as advised. This is becoming tiring. Will the trapped air cause problems? Dissipate naturally? Do I need to worry? Is it even good or the plants roots? Please help, I don't want to have to take the plants out, get my hands in amongst the gravel to free all the air. Maybe refill the darn tank again (160l wasn't quick, even with a pipe). I don't want to give up. Thanks for any help.

P.S. Everything else seems OK.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 241
Hey, Thanks. If that is your experience, then I bow to it. I am going to sleep easier tonight thanks to your knowledge. Cheers big man 🙂

Hi Darrel. Unfortunately I am not a moth recorder. Although I have kept my own records. I just picked-up the moniker because of my interest with moths, butterflies and other insects.

Back