• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Triangle of Life 10Ltr

9th November 2009

After a couple of months of neglect due to be becoming uninterested with the hobby I decided rather than trying to get this aquascape back up to speed that I would do a complete overhaul. This will be reborn as a new aquascape.

However here are a few final shots of the aquascape pre-breakdown.

As you can see in the pictures below GSA/GDA had started to get a hold on the glass. The 'triangle' moss had become very thin as I think the shrimp had been feasting on it. After initial success the HC at this opint was completely gone apart from small stems. Still alive but not spreading and barely any leaves.

CIMG3758.JPG

CIMG3760.JPG

CIMG3762.JPG

Not to be beaten I have restarted the tank and renamed it Castaway so will start a new journal for that soon :)

AC

I look forward to it's rebirth. How did the cory juvs get on?

Garuf said:
How did the cory juvs get on

From all of the trials I had I was struggling to keep the babys alive past a few weeks!!! Maybe with the tank not being very mature etc and fiddling.

I did however have 1 survivor which went on to full size about 4-5 months old. Just over the last couple of weeks though the last remaining female and the fully grown juvy disappeared from my main tank. Never see dead bodies in a tank with so many shrimp and snails as they remove everything within a day.

However the female had a final spawn before disappearing and the new scape 'castaway' has between 10 and 15 4 week old juvys in it :) Can't say exactly how many as with it not being a bare tank they can't all be seen at the same time. I have counted 12 in view the once :)

You shall see when I get the new journal underway. Catching up with the last 6 months posting on other tanks and subjects and then will do the Castaway one which I started in November and as yet have done no journal etc for it :)

AC

Back