• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my aquascape Triangular 70cm scape- First time

Fantastic project :cool:

I missed this first time around :oops:

Just one comment re the A160 - and this seems to be overlooked by many (though Kessil will tell you should you contact them directly - I spoke with them before purchasing (as they were my first venture into LED)), when you decrease the intensity of the light, you also decrease the area of “light spill”
If you want to use a single A160 on a 60cm x 45cm tank (mine ;)), run the light at 100% for 4-5 hours per day, then extend photoperiod as plants establish
If planted area or tank is 45cm x 45cm, then 60-70% light intensity should work fine

Here's the photo I did for IAPLC 2019.

Really great job @Alex Papp

The fish look like Lemon Tetras (Hyphessobrycon pulchripinnis) to me but could be juvenile Kitty Tetras (Hyphessobrycon heliacus) also.

Thank you! I forgot this, seems obvious one you mention it, but I think it would have been a stretch anyway to have it on a 70cm scape. However, I should have still used it in combination with the Chihiros to get the light onto the rotala- it never properly turned red.
I'm using it on a 45cm tank now, on full brightness and it's working out great, I'll post that in Journals in a few months time. I MUCH prefer the light of the Kessil, the Chihiros A601 Plus is a very cold white. I would only recommend if you have a very limited budget. (Which I did)
I'm saving up for a Solar RGB (this will take some years to save for) or a Twinstar 600SA.

Nah- On the right track though.
I seriously doubt anyone will get it since it's usually a by-catch.

If it’s by-catch then final guess would be Hemigrammus rubrostriatus, but really there’s only the one fish in the top left of the photo really resembles that sp. with a full line along its body. Rest have yellowish hue on there backs with bluer lower bodies but same tail markings and red above the eyes.... Cheers for the head scratcher :crazy:

@akwarium Good guess, @Geoffery Rea - Yes! You have a very good eye. I'll send you some cuttings if you really want, message me.
Really suprised you got there.

Last edited:
I'm glad you enjoyed the guessing game. I'll find some more obscure fish for my next project ;).
Has anyone else entered the IAPLC this year? I know you're not meant to show yet... but any pictures?!

Back