• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Trigon 190 Lighting alternative to Juwel HeliaLux

This sort of tank is hard for a planted setup. If you are not scared about removal of the front cover, then you have more options. For example, I'm currently using GHL Mitras Lightbar 80 and Superfish Led 74 (just for exta lumens) in the following way:
APC_0296.jpg
In theory, I can easily replace Superfish with another GHL lightbar as my led driver allows 100W consumer. GHL lightbars are expensive but they have decent lumens per watt (around 3700 lm for this particular bar) and allows tonns of customization with somehow decent full spectrum lighting, which is way better than Helialux IMHO. The main drawback is that this unit is very expensive, as you need a computer + led driver + splitter in the first place.

Another interesting option is Chihiros WRGB II Pro 80. It provides impressive 8k lumens per 100W unit, very neat colouring (especially in red and violet colours). I'm using this lighting for another tank in 90cm version and it is way cheaper than other options, including Juwel (check Horizon Aquatics if you are in the UK, but it seems they have no 80cm version). The major disadvantage of Chihiros is that it has totally no water protection which is a shame for such a superior lighting unit:
APC_0293.jpg

Back