• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Trimming Hair grass

whats the best way of promoting growth & keeping in check? mine are growing well but rushing to the surface

Cheers I just give it a trim so I'll wait a while and give it another good clip out.

Any advice on how to catch the trimmings before they float off and spread all over the tank? Mine tends to get lodged into my flame moss when trimming...

Just blast everything with a small power head to dislodge it all, when I trim my chain sword it just floats straight up, so try turning the flow off?

jonnyjr said:
Just blast everything with a small power head to dislodge it all, when I trim my chain sword it just floats straight up, so try turning the flow off?

Some of it floats to the top and some of it just floats around till it lodges somewhere, i usually end up tediously picking it out :(

is it open top tank? if so, net the free floating stuff, then drop the water level a little. it'll then stick to the glass, wipe with tissue.

if it's not open top tank, you'll struggle i'm afraid.

Back