trimming staurogyne

Discussion in 'Plant Help' started by Nick16, 28 Jan 2009.

1. Nick16

Nick16 Member

hi, i have some staurogyne growing emersed but it has now shot up and it at the top of the container. so it will not get any taller. as i only have one stem, i would like to gain more, so is there anyway to trim it so i get another stem or generally how do you trim it so it will grow back. i put the other stem in my tank and that has gone bushier rather than taller. i prefer the bushier low lever version!! but i just need a bit of help.
    many thanks.

2. aaronnorth

aaronnorth Member

trim it like any other stem plant.

cut off top - plant produces side shoots and gets bushier

cut off bottom - plant grows taller.

3. Nick16

Nick16 Member

so, i just bin the top part i cut off?, i think il tke about 3 cms off the top and see what happens.

4. altaaffe

altaaffe Member

If you've still got somewhere to grow it emersed, just put the top of the plant there and it will quickly grow roots.

I couldn't believe the size of the root system for such a small plant.

5. Nick16

Nick16 Member

cool thanks its the stuff you sent me, one of the plantlets went into a tank and the other im growing emersed must be 4 inches (10cm) tall. its doing really well, the PH that is growing emersed is putting out fresh new growth all the time. again i put one in the tank and that is growing well in an inert substrate, with me fertilising whenever i remember, normally every other day. co2 is from my Fe which is at a good level. so thanks again mate. :D