• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

tropic fish farming

ScottYalloP

For my college course i have an assignment on fish farming, didn't know if anybody could supply some info on tropical fish farming in the UK?

There is at least one Tilapia farm left that I'm aware of, one that uses hot water from a power station. Not too sure about ornamental farming on any decent scale though.

Does it have to be tropical? I remember seeing on one of the hugh fearnley-whittingstall programs a fish farm in the UK that was connected to a water cress farm that grow trout without needing to add any extra food. The fish just eat the things that got flushed out of the cress beds. Worked a treat by all amounts. Well worth a google if its suitable :)

Sam

no doesn't have to be just tropical any kind of fish farming.
Thanks for the info :thumbup:

ScottYalloP said:
no doesn't have to be just tropical any kind of fish farming.
Thanks for the info :thumbup:

I know of two commercial Koi farms in the UK. One has their open weekend next weekend in Weston-Super-Mare and if you came along you'd get all the info you'd need. Or look at their websites for info - Koi UK and Cuttlebrook Koi.

Back