• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Tropica 1 2 grow cups

Hey guys just a quick question i have a 20 liter nano cube and would like to plant it using the 1 2 grow cups from tropica how many plants you get in the cup🙈,my understanding from one cup you should be able to plant a good area of the substrate
Hope some could advise me
Thanks

DaveWatkin

Depends on the plant and the condition they arrive.

I had some Helanthium Tenellum 'Green' and Staurogyne Repens arrive today and with careful dividing had at least 20 plantlets from each. One the other had I also had Cryptocoryne Wendtii 'Green' and it had been flipped in it's medium at some point and was one big clump of which I was only able to salvage about 5 plantlets which I am unsure will even survive.

If you buying in person not too great an issue as you can check condition but ordering I have had some which were just useless on arrival due to knocking around in transit.

As another example the below picture is a 450x200 20L tank for a dry start and that is one and a half tubs of monte carlo used.

Attachments

• IMG_20201125_190628.jpg
    IMG_20201125_190628.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 24

Matthew Robinson

Thanks for the the info 👍, my local store does do the cups not sure if they have the plants im after, on the other hand do my online shopping from aquaasbi which is a aquascaping shop here in Braunschweig Germany the founder is Tobias Coring who started the aqua rebell fertilizers range i have ordered plants there before and they came super packed

fabihanski

Thanks for the the info 👍, my local store does do the cups not sure if they have the plants im after, on the other hand do my online shopping from aquaasbi which is a aquascaping shop here in Braunschweig Germany the founder is Tobias Coring who started the aqua rebell fertilizers range i have ordered plants there before and they came super packed
It depends on what you get and how much time you're willing to spend planting. When I get my HC, I divided it into individual stems and it grew together within a 2 weeks whereas if I had done it in plugs, it would have taken yonks in comparison(I hope that makes sense) I felt like I got tons of HC, tons of Bacopa.C but disappointed with Java moss 🤣