• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Just a question. With DSM it's always troublesome to keep the high ground wet without drowning the lower ground.
Why not set the tank on an angle so the ground is level? Tank should be able to withstand that.

Just a question. With DSM it's always troublesome to keep the high ground wet without drowning the lower ground.
Why not set the tank on an angle so the ground is level? Tank should be able to withstand that.

Good point - I've actually been using a turkey baster to suck out the excess water at the bottom - the angle idea could work though - I may give it a go although the aquacube sits snugly in its base

Love the fantasy scape idea. And the trees? Put your heart on your sleeve son, and keep em in! Mine's a Butterbeer, then it's high ho and off to the Misty mountains and the road to Mordor.
All the best from Bill. :D

Sorry for the lack of updates but its been busy and I've just been about to keep up with the water changes.

It's nice to have people asking about it though!!

Still no tree. maybe at xmas when I get more time and headspace to do more than the water changes.

Sorry for the poor photos. iphone specials I'm afraid.

IMG_3746_zpsa7220888.jpg

IMG_3763_zpsa19b6be2.jpg

So its been flooded for a month or so I think. I've not really seen much growth but nothings died off and the HC seems to pearl at the top of the hill every night when the lights on.

I've been changing about 80% of the water weekly and also adding a small glass of sparkling water as I do it.

The hair grass could do with a trim as its a bit over sized for the scape, but its fiddly getting in there and doing anything.

I also need to get some snails in there as the glass seems to get covered towards the end of the week before water change.

I'm not as pleased as I thought I'd be - as it doesnt look as crisp as I'd like but that comes when you put the effort in!

Thoughts?

I think you should be pleased with your work so far. Refining the original idea is a part of the process for most of us I would imagine. The only advice I can offer is: routine wise, either up the CO2 or better still lower the lighting levels. The lack of consistency in the CO2 levels is probably not as key to this as the lighting I think, hopefully some more experienced members can comment too.
For what it's worth I am not keen on the hair grass but I like how it is progressing. Keep up the good work.
All the best from Bill. :D

Back