• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tropica Aquacube - Lava

Stu Worrall

Global Moderator
UKAPS Team
Bored tonight so I re-scaped my Tropica Aquacube after it had had a recent stripdown and clean

Here's the stats

Substrate: Silica sand (foreground) / Clay balls / ADA Aquasoil Amazonia fine
Plants: Eleocharis Acicularis, maybe some mosses later, HC
Lighting: Supplied Tropica light upgraded to 20w halogen
Tank: Tropica Aquacube 20x20x20cm - 8l
CO2: Pressurised Sera CO2 reg and bottle with Dazs Chisel Diffuser, Boyu bubble counter
Filter: Azoo Mignon 60 HOB
Hardscape: Red Lava Rock

I pinched some silica sand that my dad uses for his bricked drive. not sure if tis too orange yet but time will tell.

I mounded some clay balls from TGM for bulk in the background.
piled the rocks so they fit together
added sand at the front for detail with some graded lava
Added some tourmaline, penac p, penac w and tropica root tabs in the back.
added the AS fine
then planted.

There is a more recent view since I filled the tank tonight as ive added some HC and the smaller hydrocotyl in the gap of the rocks. this may or may not stay in depending on if it looks crap or not.

Ill add some more pictures of it filled once the filter clears the tank up and ive removed some of the AS that strayed into the sand on planting.

clay balls in

aquacube1.jpg

lava rock piled plus sand

aquacube2.jpg

AS piled in the back which you can just see on the right

aquacube3.jpg

planted up

aquacube4.jpg

Fantastic. Looks lovely. I would imagine it looks even better in the flesh :)

cheers all :) I need to let the filter run to clear any debris so will try and get a filled pic tonight. Im going to wrap some ada moss stones in moss and place them in a few areas. Probably be xmas, fissidens or taiwan moss.

Back