• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tropica Dose split into 7

Becksy

I have a reasonably well planted tank and have just received my tropica fertiliser. I want to dose daily and just wondering how to do this. My tank is 60p size (60 litters) and one pump of tropica is 2ml of fluid, they recommend 6ml a week for my tank. can someone advise me how I’m meant to break this up into 7 days please.

Attachments

• 4A648983-52DE-4690-97EF-051DC0027B46.jpeg
    4A648983-52DE-4690-97EF-051DC0027B46.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 231
I dose, 6ml per day into my 57L not accounting for displaced water by hard scape. Anything below this and I experienced GSA and white leaves on my S.Repens. Just to note I suspect my tropica soil is exhausted so additional water column dosing is required.

I usually pipette my required doses into separate tubes for the week. If you have a pipette you could split your dose accurately.

You could buy a 1ml pump bottle head and use that to dose daily, with a one day a week rest day if you wanted to be super accurate. Or you could pick up a 1ml syring and dose 0.85ml per day. Or dose every other day with the 2ml bottle. Or over dose - many use 2-3 times recommended if they have alot of plants so you could just do one pump a day - I would lean towards only doing that if you are also doing 50% water changes.

I dose, 6ml per day into my 57L not accounting for displaced water by hard scape. Anything below this and I experienced GSA and white leaves on my S.Repens. Just to note I suspect my tropica soil is exhausted so additional water column dosing is required.

I usually pipette my required doses into separate tubes for the week. If you have a pipette you could split your dose accurately.
Thank you for your help.

You could buy a 1ml pump bottle head and use that to dose daily, with a one day a week rest day if you wanted to be super accurate. Or you could pick up a 1ml syring and dose 0.85ml per day. Or dose every other day with the 2ml bottle. Or over dose - many use 2-3 times recommended if they have alot of plants so you could just do one pump a day - I would lean towards only doing that if you are also doing 50% water changes.
Thank you for your advice, I think I’ll do one a day and see how I go. I’m actually doing 50% wc so makes sense..

Back