• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tropica exact micro salts/urea vs nitrate

Hi all,

Anyone know which salts Tropica uses for their micros (I.e. sulphate salts vs chelated).

Also the specific ratio of nitrate to urea?

Josh
They seems to use DTPA and HEEDTA to chelate the solution. I don't think they chelate the solution the way we would normally do with DTPA Fe and HEEDTA, instead they do something similar to this: Iron Chelate Solution – Plant Tissue Culture Protocol

Far as what Nitrogen Tropica use? I strongly believe they might be using NH4NO3. The easy way to find out is add few drops of Tropica in the 100 ml water and test it 5 minutes later and see if your test kit detect both NO3 and NH4, if it only detect NH4 then it's highly likely they use Urea.

The good overall ratio of NO3 to urea is if you add 50% N from both, for example: 0.5 N from urea and 0.5 N from NO3, this would add 2.21 NO3 and remaning Nitrogen in Urea form. I also insure I add Nickel in my micro mix to help the urea uptake.

Back