• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tropica growth system 60

JoshO

Seedling
Hi all,

I've recently set up a 20l cube using the tropica growth system 60.
I'm having issues with it as the chamber doesn't seem to retain the co2, within a few hours it goes from 40ml to about 10ml and then holds. Any ideas as to what could cause this?

Thanks in advance

Have you seen any gas escaping from the top of the chamber? If not it’s probably dissolving I to the water, as it should. By the end of the day, has the remaining 10ml also gone?

No nothing escaping. I did peg the airline overnight last night and saw it only lose about 10ml which I'd imagine has dissolved

I am using this system in a betta tank. If you don't see anything escaping from the top, I'd say it's working as intended. The chamber is supposed to deplete over a few hours, and you're supposed to refill it each day when your light comes on. I've never seen mine 100% empty, but when I refill it, it slowly decreases during the course of the day (which is what it's meant to do). Don't refill it at night, it's supposed to be almost but not completely empty overnight and be refilled in the morning.

Back