• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Jink82

Hi,

I really would like to try something like this http://tropica.com/en/inspiration/layout/Layout81/5285 with just an internal filter and C02 of course .

But before I start I really would like to know more about the specs. Because I read that there are 4x45w T5's used... Is this true and if so how? And what exactly did you put in the internal filter? Did you use standard Juwel material? And what about the pump is it the standard one which comes with the Rio180 the Eccoflow 600?

Thanks for the reply.

Cheers

Tim

Last edited:
There were 4 x 45w. T5 - yes.
Extra set of T5 were added to this tank (You can find it on Juwel's homepage). I should add, that reflectors were used, too.
Tank was set up, using all original material as it comes with the tank - so yes; pump and filter-material is as delivered.
- Viktor, Antoni and Eduard created a very nice, lush and yet calm scape here, so I see why you want to re-creaye that image.
Be aware, though, that this tank is "advanced" category - running this much light on a tank is a bit like driving a race-car: things happen fast and you need to be very focused. Light, ferts and CO2 must be perfectly balanced - very little space for error.......
- That said, it also follows, that inbetween work, you do get a great view.........:)

I really like this tank - especially it's low flow, you can see how comfortable the shrimp & fish are :) - nice 'honey' gourami!

I look at some of the "high flow" tanks & you can see fish obviously struggling against currents
- or barely moving in some of the high CO2 environs :(

Mick, I love to read how you describe these tanks, so interesting... Is there anywhere to read more about scapes you have done for example?

Mick, I love to read how you describe these tanks, so interesting... Is there anywhere to read more about scapes you have done for example?
Thank you, Jamie.........
Most of my time is spend, testing - anything really - related to plants and products. I do a lot of tanks and scapes connected to testings - but those are not really designed to go on the www-inspiration list. This is how I learn about the plants and their possibilities in use and tolerances. Info that Tropica can then offer to the hobby in general.
You are right, though, that I am usually the one "praising"/describing the www-inspiration tanks. This is because I am also usually the one maintaining them, and during app. 3 months shaping them, to the final appearance the scaper(s) have told me they want. Therefore I know the tanks very well and can describe them better.

Hi Mick,
always impressed by the tropica layouts and the quality of plant health and maintenance :thumbup:
Were the lights all on one photoperiod or staggered with all four only on for a short burst? and also do you run c02 24/7 or on a timer?
Thanks
Ady

Thank you so much for the detailed answer. It's indeed a very nice scape and even more impresive due to the minimal equipment.

Before I posted this I already looked for a juwel hood with 4xt5 without any succes but for my understanding its 2x2 t5's?

Nice... Thanks again for all the info. It's a shame that Tropica doesn't have any resellers here in the Netherlands.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

There are Tropica retailers in the Netherlands, please check our dealer's map here http://tropica.com/en/find-dealers/. But since there are only four at present, I'll list them here as well :):

Aquarium Coenen B. V.
Koningin Julianaweg 21
5684 Va Best
Diebo Huisdierwereld
Ravenswade 54
3439 LD Nieuwegein
T: 302 67 07 57
W: www.diebo.nl
Discusshop
Vijverstraat, 64
6443XN Brunssum
T: 0031457508373
W:http://webshop.discusshop.nl/waterplanten/tropica.html
Heems
Kanaalweg 7
2102 LD Heemstede
T: 23 528 40 79
W: www.heems.nl

( and better looking)
I wonder how Tropica asks those guys to create a layout for them and do they have to travel to Denmark for it?
Tropica is (ofcourse) checking forums, contests etc etc. on a regular basis - so we do have a pretty good idea about a scaper, before we ask "joined venture" on a specific tank.
- and yes; the chosen scaper(s) is often invited to Denmark, to create the tank(s).
The InterZoo show-tanks have all been scaped and maintained in Denmark, to be transported to Nuremberg by car, and set up a few days before the Expo. This is because "seing is believing" - real life tanks are just much more trustworthy than any video or picture can be...........:) (and better looking, too ;)

Back