• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tropica Nursery

Aqua Essentials

Seedling
Amazing set up! makes you think, That maybe their plants are not that expensive after all,Must cost a fortune to run that place :eek:

aaronnorth said:
billy boy said:
Amazing set up! makes you think, That maybe their plants are not that expensive after all,Must cost a fortune to run that place :eek:

They are not, pets at home sell very cheap tropica plants.

Wouldnt that be because they bulk buy then? I would think a company like pets@home buy direct from tropica,they order for all their branchs at once,which in turn must make a huge saveing compared to a single outlet buying,say 100 plants.
So i dont understand how you can come in and say "they are not" :?

you see for me, buying tropica plants from the likes of AE is great. you know what your getting, when you want it. ok you may pay a little more, but thats fine.

your right regards to p@H they bulk buy hence the lower pricing...and they get them real cheap, believe me! but you can only take pot luck as to what plants you may get from P@H and also 90% of the time the quality is poor due to incorrect methods of storing them. now some one will come along and say order them....i tried many months ago and the order didn't come through!

so ,we for the sake of the hobby have to keep guys like Richard in business other wise where else to we get top notch plants from?

The manager at my local pets@home told me that they dont get a choice of plants when they place an order they get a selection box as he called it with variouss selections of plants which rarely change from order to order, so maybe that is why their plants arent of such high quality as they are perhalps what could be classed as seconds.

I totally agree with you as to how P@H keep them as they water is always pretty murky and looks like it is rarely changed, ( only in their plants section ) The manager also told me that they only order when their stock go down but unfortunatley most of the time when i am in its just the poorer quality that is left, occassionally i am lucky enough to be there when new orders come in and i have managed to get good quality plants, That is why i mainly order online.

Back