• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tropica nutrition or nutrition +

karl1987

I set up my new tank last sunday an aquatlantis evasion 120 roughly 200 litres with ada aquasoil and so far my plants are growing well. At the moment I am using ready mixed dry ferts I bought from ebay but my mixture is now nearly done and was wondering which fertiliser to use next.

Tanks stats -

200 litres
2 x 30w t8's with reflectors
Pressurized co2

Current plants - Hygrophila polysperma, Myriophyllum mezianum, Vallis, java fern, java moss, crypt wendtti, Anubias barteri var. barteri and Echinodorus 'Red Diamond'

Current fish - 2 angelfish,2 flying foxes, 2 bristlenose catfish, 5 corydoras sterbai, 16 harliquin rasboras and 6 rummynose tetras.

All plants are growing extremely well at the moment and I will be adding more this week as Ive still got some small spaces to fill.

I decided to get tropica plant nutrition this time round and was wondering which to go for. My tank is heavily planted and as you can see heavily stocked. Should I go for the normal tropica nutrition or the + and how much should I dose?

Thanks

The + version is an all in one solution and the normal version is only a trace mix, so with the latter you will need to had Potassium Nitrate and Potassium Phosphate. Using the Tropica range is fine but on a tank your size will get very expensive in the long run.

Since you have low light in this tank I would probably start with 7-8ml per day and then add more if necessary.

You can always make your own all in one solution with dry ferts, have a look at this guide: http://www.theplantedtank.co.uk/allinone.htm

Back