• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tropica & Pets at Home

Tropica has good bio security Matt. There won't be any snails or pests in their greenhouses.

All the Tropica stuff I’ve bought from Pets at Home have been very good. I have seen a few plants with yellow leaves but not many. I’m pretty sure many of the problems I’ve had in the past have been because of what many LFS laughingly call aquarium plants, complete with algae, snails or planaria. I will never buy plants from the LFS unless they start stocking Tropica stuff like Pets at Home. I will also continue to buy in vitro stuff online as well.

So surely the blister pack are indeed snail free then!?

I never had any snails or hitchhikers from any of the plants I ordered from tropica when I was in the shop and that was before blister packs. I think p@h only moved over to the new packaging because when plants hit their water, they started to suffer.

Unfortunately the one near me just chucks them on a normal shelving unit and unless you get there quick they will have deteriorated. I've seem elodea as a black slime in the pack and plenty of mouldy crypts and swords.

There are two quite near to me, the one there are never any dead fish in the tanks, Always crystal clear and very well maintained. Where as the other one is pretty much the opposite.

I dislike pest snails intensely and go to great lengths to ensure they're not introduced in to my scapes...at least I thought I did. Somehow they've still managed to invade my tank. I'm convinced they may have piggybacked on emersed potted plants, not necessarily Tropic's I hasten to add. That or pest snail eggs are present in the water supply o_O:sick:

That or pest snail eggs are in the water supply
Or the ducks brought it in..........
bfd733cc9ed79a8d1a023f03a74fcd09.jpg

Just to add to the thread, one of my "dislikes" with PAH is always being chased to get a VIP card or sign up for other bits n pieces. Today, on top of all those, it was "would you like to donate 50p to what sounded like a Christmas Dinner" though I probably may have misheard.

Probably donation to local dogs home Xmas dinner for the poor rescued Staffies.

Don’t knock the VIP card, every now and again I get sent a bunch of vouchers for dog bits and bobs. Mostly they are of no use but there is always something that is geared towards the food/treats I buy.

For fish stuff I wouldn’t bother! :lol:

Having aquariums and a dog and until a year ago cats the vouchers are handy. The VIP card l believe has raised into the million plus for charities of your choice ,so no bad way of helping IMO. Disappointed with the plant choice and selection but the range of dry goods fish food,aquariums e tc ain't bad.and the offers for aquariums filters etc from time to time is worth checking out.

I have two near me, Bury St Edmunds and Newmarket and both have Tropica plants. The tanks in both are cleaner than most aquatic shops in the area too. That said aquarium gardens is only an hour from me.

Back