• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tropica Plants

fishkeeper

Hi,

On the AE website i see that there are 'Tropica potted plants' and 'Tropica Easy Grow Plants'. As these are the same price, i was wondering, what is the difference? Also, whata are the approximate sizes of the plants? I would like to know the sizes as im unsure how many to buy for my new tank.

Thanks in advance

Will

They are the same plants, AE have just got a section so people who want easy plants can just buy from that part of the shop.

Each pot is about 5cm I'd say, if you tell us thet ank dimensions, the plants you want etc then we'll be able to give you an idea on how many to get.

well this is my tank currently
DSC00128Medium.jpg

I was thinking of buying 2 pots of:

Tropica rotola sp. green
anubias barteri var. nana
riccia fluitans

Does this sound good? comes to quite a high price.

Will

I hate to sound like a broken record here, but have you asked at your local Pets@Home? They can order any of the Tropica range for around half the price. Plants are direct from Tropica so are exactly the same. Pick them up as soon as they come in to avoid snails and algae getting to them though.

Buying tropica plants from retailers (online or store) can vary loads. They all have the same amount of plants in them from experiance but the older the plant the more established it'll be.

For an example, I can buy very small crpyts from AquaJardin but they also have the same type of crpyts that are more mature, however, you get the same amount of stems but a more mature plant. The same smaller size is available at pets at home at very reasonable prices but the quality can be a bit ropey (need to get there on delivery day for good quality).

So it's difficult to say how big the plants will be heightwise from retailer to retailer but you should get the same amount of plantlets in the pot of the same species of plant.

Back