• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tropica soil and powder

Hi, i am just trying to figure out the difference between the 2 or if there is any other than the mm of the products.

I assumed that the grain size was the only difference but when i went to buy it there was a big price difference between the 2 on one particular site.

Tropica Aquarium Soil 9L £26.99

Tropica Aquarium Soil Powder 9L £35.99

On other sites they are listed as the same price roughly and i need 3 bags of the stuff which would save me nearly £30 if i go for the larger grain size so before i order it i just wanted to make sure they are basically the same thing.

Jason

It depends what you want to plant in the soil is the main thing I would say; powder is better suited for carpeting plants in particular.
I do believe it is only the size that's different between the two products themselves.
Thanks Andrew. Think i will get 2 bags of the regular then and 1 of the powder for the front of the tank. Much appreciated.

Back