Tropica

Discussion in 'Plant Help' started by jatazman, 6 Aug 2008.

1. jatazman

jatazman Newly Registered

Does anyone know where I can find a price list for Tropica plants
    Just downloaded their catalogue and am looking through it and deciding which plants I'd like, however, I've no idea how much they are gonna cost me and this will have an impact on what I ultimately purchase

2. ceg4048

ceg4048 Expert/Global Moderator Staff Member

3. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Expert

retailers sell them at different prices :? so its pot luck really.

i know this is like swearing, but when im desperate to buy tropica i go to pets at home on there delivery day and get tropica at cheapo prices. other than that try aqua essentials.

mark

4. spaldingaquatics

spaldingaquatics Member

Yeah I have to admit it was abit annoying looking through the tropica book and seeing their plants price group/pot number. Great. But means nothing as each retailer sells them to whichever price point they feel like :(

5. George Farmer

George Farmer Founder Staff Member

In the catalogue you will see a product code ranging from 2 to 14, I think. 2 is the least expensive, so expect to pay around £3 per pot, up to around £30 for a code 14 (like a large fern attached to wood).

Pets at Home and some other stores will order Tropica plants via 'random' selection, where Tropica choose what they send. A lucky-dip, if you like, depending on Tropica's stock at that time.

Tropica are more expensive, but as with most things, you get what you pay for...

I can recommend our sponsors to purchase Tropica plants from.

6. spaldingaquatics

spaldingaquatics Member

thank you george, gives a good idea of avg costing :D

7. oldwhitewood

oldwhitewood Member

If you buy from one of our sponsors you are also getting something which has been looked after and will most likely be in good condition when it arrives.

For me I would only ever buy Tropica via the internet or none tropica only if I could physically see the plant in the shop. I have had bad experiences with the two other big online plant people in the past to put me off totally. The species they send you never seem to match up with what you actually want, this is why Tropica is great because they are all the correct plants.

8. aaronnorth

aaronnorth Member

Aquafleur are a good plant supplier. They are similar to tropica, most if not all maidenhead stores sell them.

9. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Expert

but they dont know how to label there plants! :twisted:

10. aaronnorth

aaronnorth Member

yours did look very similar too HM though didnt it ;)

11. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Expert

eh? my what? :?: